Dieting is a common practice in the western world because “ this is in.” There are some basic habits that will help the weight loss effort and help keep the weight off:
- First, avoid caffeine as it causes a drop in blood sugar30-90 minutes after consumption and thus creates “hunger pangs.”
- Drink eight(8) glasses of water each day as many trips to the ice box are caused by thirst rather than hunger and a restricted diet doesn’t decrease your need for water but does reduce your water intake from food.
- Diagnose any health problems you may have such as addictive food allergies (Pulse test), hypoglycemia (6 hour GTT) or hypothyroidism ( basal body temperature) that might contribute to a weight problem.
- Don’t skip meals – eat a breakfast like a queen( or king), lunch like a princess( or prince) and a dinner like a Large mouth Bass. Stay on a meal schedule; If you are going out to eat, don’t skip a meal, but rather have one of those high fiber/low cal drinks or food bars (Dr. Wallach says, but I disagree, anything non organic has side effects on your body, GO all ORGANIC!!!) to assure limited calorie intake – then enjoy your dinner date!! Remember, in the long run it’s the basic habits that will help your lose weight and keep it off.
- Exercise, if done in moderation and on a schedule, will help you losse weight and not make you overly hungry for a snack – eat a piece of fruit or have some nuts after exercise; don’t wait three hours until your next meal to eat or drink. The plant derived colloidal minerals are excellent after event refreshers.
- Before meal fibers (i.e., oat bran diet tabs) is what Dr. Wallach says, I recommend organic beans, throw in organic salsa and/ or organic cheese cooked in organic oil. It’ll be a flavor explosion!!) taken with eight ounces of water ( non contaminated water) 30 minutes before meals will help curb appetite.
- Don’t forger the base line supplements – remember restricted diets restrict nutrients and result in pica and cribbing. Pant derived colloidal minerals are fantastic here!
- Essential fatty acids in the form of flax seed oil at 5gm t.i.d. Will help regulate and normalize fat metabolism.
- Thyroid will help if your basal body temperature is low ( below 97.6 F). Too much will cause increase in basal pulse rate and make your speedy and unable to sleep – start out with ½ gr. And cut back or add to as needed.
- If you do all of the above, you will be slim, slim, slim!!!!
Written By Dr. Wallach